4G-5G USER PLANE SERVICES
5G Service Engine (5G-SE)
Enea’s 5G-SE is a cloud-native, line-rate traffic classification framework and orchestration component for insertion of additional 5G value added services in the 5G packet core (5GC)
Enea’s 5G-SE helps roll out existing 4G and new, 5G-specific, best-of-breed traffic management, and value-added user plane services in the 5G core.
It eliminates vendor lock-in by providing best-of-breed traffic management, MSP, and optimization services that are fully interoperable with any UPF and PGW vendor, as well as with standards-based NRF, SMF, PCF, UDR, and UDSF network functions and 4G Control Plane elements.
It helps service providers to:
- Immediately deploy services through seamless and transparent data plane insertion in the 5G N6 reference point and supports simultaneous enablement of services in the 4G EPC and 5GC through one single platform.
- Support multiple access technologies (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G) and simultaneous integration with both the 4G EPC and the 5G Core, so they no longer need to maintain a services platform for each packet core.
- Experience a seamless 4G to 5G SA packet core transition. 5IAF assists MNOs in the 5G journey where they may have different suppliers for 4G and 5G packet cores.
- Offer full interoperability with the 4G and 5G Control Plane functions, ensuring service continuity throughout the transition.
- Execute a phased transition strategy for existing Enea 4G Traffic Management services. 5IAF can be inserted through incremental extensions to the existing 4G platform, interoperating with legacy Enea 4G components.
Enea 5G-SE offers:
To learn about these features in detail and more, request a demo and download our datasheet today:
“Secure Traffic Manager and RAN Congestion Manager effectively manage encrypted and non-encrypted traffic, reduce RAN congestion and improve subscribers’ quality of experience.”
"Enea Openwave’s technology allows us to effectively manage all our streaming data, including encrypted video, resulting in a very positive impact on subscriber QoE"
"TELUS is proud to partner with Enea Openwave and give our customers a better experience while watching videos"
"The innovative solution from Enea Openwave has been impressive. They have demonstrated their expertise and backed it up with excellent levels of service"