Effective as of 2018-05-11
We at Openwave Mobility, Inc. are fully devoted to providing the best digital experience for you as a visitor to our website. We also strive to be fully transparent on how we utilize personal information should you decide to enclose such information. From time to time, we will also acquire other types of information and/or data by the usage of cookies.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website and we use different types of cookies to run such Website:
- PHPSESSID: this cookie only contains a reference to a session stored on the web server. No information is stored in your browser and this cookie can only be used by the Website. It expires when you close your browser.
- BC_BANDWIDTH: this cookie is used to display some videos on our Website. It detects bandwidth available to manage progressive download of video to your browser. It expires when you close your browser.
Our Website uses Google Analytics, which creates a number of first-party cookies:
- __utma contains a unique and anonymous identifying ID, which allows us to ensure that subsequent visits to our Website are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. This cookie expires after two years.
- __utmb used to establish and continue a unique user session. Each time you request another page from the Website the cookie is updated to expire after 30 minutes.
- __utmc works with __utmb to determine when to create a new session for a visitor of our Website. This is a session cookie and it expires when you close your browser.
- __utmt is used to throttle request rate. This cookie expires after 10 minutes.
- __utmz tracks how you found our Website and is used to calculate traffic and navigation within this Website. This cookie expires after 6 months.
We don’t share the data that Google Analytics collects. We use the data that is collected to report, in aggregate, how our visitors find and use our Website and to understand overall visitor behavior.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
In addition to our first-party cookies, one or more third-party cookies may be stored on your device during your visit to our Website.
Third party cookies are cookies created by an external service when you use a page on our Website. These cookies are specific to the third-party’s domain and accordingly the data held in them can be seen and managed by the third party and not by Openwave Mobility. We control whether or not we use the third-party service with our Website, and how it is integrated and presented on our Website. We do not have control over the cookies themselves.
YouTube is used by the Website to store and show video content. These cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services. The YouTube Cookies are only installed when you press play on a video.
- PREF: this cookie stores your preferences and other information, in particular preferred language, how many search results you wish to be shown on your page, and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on. This cookie expires after 2 years.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: a cookie that YouTube sets that measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old. This cookie expires after 8 months.
- use_hitbox: this cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video. This cookie expires after 8 months.
- YSC: This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
OTHER GENERAL LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
When you browse our Website, you are provided with the option to navigate to a variety of external websites where Openwave Mobility may have a presence. When you select the option to view the content from these websites, you are taken away from the Openwave Mobility Website and to the other site, where a variety of cookies may be used throughout your visit. Openwave Mobility is not responsible for any cookies used once you have left the Openwave Mobility Website.
HOW YOU CAN REFUSE OR OPT-OUT COOKIES
To opt out of our use of Google Analytics you may wish to consider using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all.
For more information about managing cookies, please see http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.