World's largest UDR deployment
As operators adopt subscriber-oriented network and Policy Control and Charging solutions, the User Data Repository (UDR) and Subscriber Profile Repository (SPR) become business critical components. A new breed of Subscriber Data Management (SDM) solution is required that provides predictable performance with reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
Openwave Mobility Smart User Repository (SUR) (industry wide known UDR) is a high performance, scalable and reliable SDM solution built on the proven foundation of Openwave Mobility’s directory technology and deployed in over 100 operator networks including the largest UDR deployment in the world with a Tier-1 carrier that has over 130 million subscribers. Our SUR offers high speed, low latency user data access that helps operators reduce the complexity of subscriber data management for expanding services and applications.
Its flexible architecture and performance make Smart User Repository the perfect choice for subscriber data management implementations requiring 3GPP-based SPR or UDR components.
- Our largest deployment serves 130 million subscribers with 99.999% availability for over five years.
- Tested for up to 500 million subscribers with less than one millisecond latency.
Unrivaled performance / TCO ratio
- Performs 80k reads and 25k writes per second on a single server.
- Committed to achieve 2x TCO reduction or 2x performance increase in every release.
Designed for the next generation of Subscriber Data Management challenges
- Provides 3GPP notification mechanism to ease the distribution of data updates into the network.
- Supports on-the-fly data compression and data encryption.
Key architectural points
- Decoupled architecture provides linear scaling for predictable expansion
- Unlimited horizontal redundancy for read operations
- Primary/secondary master architectures to reduce replication overload