Patented Congestion Triggered Optimization for superior QoE
Richer website content, soaring appetites for streaming video, more powerful mobile devices and heightened user expectations are combining to place an unprecedented strain on mobile operator networks today. Over-congested networks deliver a poor user experience, encourage subscriber churn, and ultimately fail.
How do I deliver the best possible experience to my customers whilst minimizing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of my network?
Openwave Mobility’s Congestion Control helps mobile operators to simultaneously optimize both cost and quality.
- Delivers a quality experience to subscribers – quick start, smooth, no stutters.
- Minimizes TCO by managing congestion dynamically in hotspots.
- Identifies business insights by analyzing subscriber behavior and website trends.
Congestion Control guarantees a high quality experience for subscribers. Playback is smooth even during periods of network congestion, videos are delivered just-in-time, reducing unwatched downloads, and at all times the content is matched to the subscriber’s device capability. A variety of techniques is used for both web and video optimization, including caching of popular videos and deployment of latest codecs, and all content types are covered including MP4 optimization.
TCO is minimized by ensuring optimum use of hardware resources. Video optimization is applied only where it is needed and only for as long as needed. Congestion conditions are automatically detected and managed in real time within the congestion hotspot, rather than applying brute force compression to all video flows in the network as some solutions do.
Critical business insights can be easily extracted since this solution analyses all subscriber transactions in near real time. Our comprehensive Mobile Analytics package:
- Provides rapid insights into subscribers’ viewing habits with drill down to detailed reports.
- Allows creation of custom subscriber segments to track and report on target groups and campaigns.
- Integrates with Openwave Mobility’s Smart User Repository to link demographic and personal data to subscriber reports.
Congestion Control generates additional revenue by enabling freed-up bandwidth to be used for additional subscribers.
Additionally the Congestion Control solution may be integrated with Openwave Mobility’s Mobile Data Charging solution, Promotion and Pricing Innovation to create innovative "video as a service" price plans, and increase revenues.